Sunday, December 11, 2011

New Project

I started a new project recently, first one since I started working at Raven as a Design Intern. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I have anything to post yet.

Unlike other maps I've done, I have done very little pre-process work: I grabbed a few photos, some overhead shots of an area similar to where I am building, and started building. I didn't do any overhead maps and detail write-ups with the area, I'm kinda letting things happen.

I'm using Radiant and MW1 assets. This map is rather large and has required a lot of terrain manipulation; so much so that I might start creating some building prefabs to break up the work. So far I have focused on making things look pretty and some on sight-lines and approaches to key areas, but I might also start scripting up some events to see if the map starts feeling right.

I'll post some things when I think it's ready.

bluedude86

No comments:

Post a Comment