Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First Steps for WoLD SC2

First level progress update. I am using MW1 Radiant to build this because it has a lot of burnt textures and brick materials. I started with the fireplace:


For a first pass, I used basic BSP. I plan on going back over to add a more interesting texture using BSP and terrain. I also used decals to get the burn texture onto the walls near the fireplace and alphaing the decals out to get the fade effect. I need to do a little work on the right side decal because it looks a little out of alignment.


This is the other work I did, getting the basic dimensions of the house and the destruction. I'm thinking of adding a burnt wood skeleton to the right back wall to give a little more interesting balance to the piece. I also need to add much more rubble that is more than terrain patches. As with the fireplace, I need to go back over the area to add interesting textures using BSP and terrain.

Let me know what you think,
bluedude86

No comments:

Post a Comment