Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hotel Vista and Detail Work

I've been working on "Hotel" and made some progress. I added the enemy units to the hotel to give the viewer and idea of where combat would take place and how it would look. I also added some detail to the hotel, mainly consisting of cover locations.


I worked on the roof and added some items to it, but it does need more as it is relatively boring.

Next, I began work on the vista, trying to create the player complete player immersion. This too needs more detail on the buildings and the park for a more realistic setting. Despite all this work, the player is only able to play in the 1024 cube I designated at the beginning of the project.




I will need to go into the two bedrooms to add more detail also. All my future work will be easier once I can place the models. My next steps are trees in the park, a few cars on the street, some windows and doors in the vista buildings, and a bed and side table in the bedrooms. Once these are in place, I would say the map is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment